Landscaping Q&A: What Every Homeowner Should Know
7 May 20
7 May 20
1. Decide how much space you want to landscape vs how much landscape maintenance you want to have
2. Decide on the appropriate plants for the location by considering sun and shade
3. Decide on how to space the plants by considering how large they will eventually grow.
4. Plant in groups of three or five if you are making small groupings of similar plants
5. Decide on your landscape bed materials. Mulch & Decorative Gravel are common options.
6. If you use gravel put down fabric first.. avoid pea size gravels they often wash out or make a mess in traffic areas
7. If you use mulch then its best not to use any fabric so you don’t block the nutrients from the organic material (mulch)
8. Re mulch every year in the spring and / or use a pre emergent to cut back on weeding for the year.
9. Define the landscape with a border, for decorative gravel metal edging is common, for mulch you can often simply use a shovel to edge the bed.
10. Make it unique, Add a few larger rocks or accents to the landscape in some manner.
Wanting to make sure your land gets the best care possible? Leave it up to the experts at Voss Landscaping & Tree to ensure your property gets the jump start it deserves.
Having a staff that is knowledgeable and passionate means that we understand the importance of keeping your property a valued asset and will adhere to professional standards that ensure we do not harm the value of your property! Contact Us today!
Now’s the time to be thinking about the future health of your lawn. As we are still in the dog days of summer, later this season is…
Lawn grubs are known by many names: Japanese beetles, June beetles, chafers, and more. These white C-shaped larvae live under the soil, eating organic matter and grassroots….