Now that the warm weather is here to stay, you may be starting to notice that you have more than one job on your to-do list for your lawn and landscaping. The exterior of your home requires a lot of maintenance during the spring and summer months, and it’s crucial that you get everything done so that your lawn looks great.
Every homeowner has to do it, sometimes more often than they’d like to. Watering and fertilizing your lawn is a must if you want healthy green grass, but by doing so, you are promoting rapid growth. Because of this, homeowners must mow their lawn at least once a week for the healthy grass.
Why mowing your lawn at least once a week is important:
- Stronger Grass—by mowing your grass regularly, the healthiest grassroots will flourish while the weak shoots are left behind.
- Reduce Thatch Buildup—if you are not mowing your lawn often enough and only when it gets very long, you risk building up thatch (clumps of grass on top of your lawn). Thatch buildup is bad for your lawn because it makes any irrigation or fertilization you are doing very counterproductive.
- Even Growth—uneven lawns don’t look great and they also cause a lot of common lawn problems. Fortunately, you can avoid this with regular mowing.
- Fast Recovery—lawns face all sorts of nuisances such as inclement weather, pests, and disease. The key to overcoming these annoyances is to have a lawn that is well-maintained in the first place. A lawn that receives regular mowing and overall maintenance will recover much more quickly than an unhealthy one.
Lawn Care Services
During the late spring, early summer months there are a lot of lawn care maintenance items that should be on your checklist if you want to maintain a healthy looking lawn all season long.
- Fertilization—once that brown turf has turned green, it’s time to fertilize on a regular basis to promote healthy grass and consistent growth.
- Aeration—it’s not too late to aerate your lawn. Aeration is very important to allow minerals, water, and oxygen to be more easily absorbed into your lawn, producing stronger roots.
- Lawn Renovation—if your lawn is just a mess and really suffering, a plan can be made combining all of our services so that your lawn can be healthy and look great again.
These are just a few, among many, of the lawn care maintenance items that should be on your to-do list this month. For a full list of lawn care services offered by Voss Land & Tree, click here. Or, contact us to request an estimate.
Last but not least, a good landscaping job is essential to up your curb appeal. If you need a brand new landscape design or if your old/current landscaping needs some touching up, now is the time to do it.
The right landscape should go with the character of your home and complement your home perfectly. The following are some services you might consider getting done this month:
- Tree/Shrub Installation
- Landscape Design
- Retaining Walls
- Patio Pavers
- New Construction
- Sod Installation
The spring and summer months can be very busy for a homeowner who is trying to maintain a healthy, beautiful looking lawn. Don’t stress, call Voss Land & Tree for all of your lawn care mowing, maintenance, and landscaping services today!